One of the main goals of empathic listening is that of facilitating healthy development of the emotional health, my mentor says.
Unfortunately not many of us, otherwise real strong persons, can face emotions, needs and impulses and often we don’t know what to say, inviting to reactions that determine emotional decisions, against very high IQs. The workshop we propose can teach how we can limit our incapacity to control our own emotions in front of the others and how we can rebalance healthily the ones we are in contact with.
We are practicing together how we can listen correctly, how we can be present and how we can be strengthen the expectations without moralizing lectures, without making the other persons look ridiculous, without rewarding or blaming when it is not necessary. How can we avoid destructive criticism or putting labels or just giving our own solutions to somebody else’s problems? How can we avoid talking about us and remain in the topic without making the other feel like a victim?
- Encourage direct and constructive dialogue
- Encourage solution identification
- Establish correct partnership
- Avoid tensions and problematic relationship
- Correct identification of the other person’s needs
- Experience empathic listening
- Immediate feedback
- Impact analysis
- Assimilation of encouragement elements and direct dialogue
- Emotion control techniques
- Individual & team feedback
- Coaching in the pocket for 4 weeks after the workshop
- Follow up in individual and team coaching sessions at 30 and 60 days after the workshop
- Individual and team recommendation